Ever wish you could have a real-time, personalized itinerary, that takes into account your preferences, the current and forecasted wait times, and updated continually throughout the day? Well, that dream is now a reality!
Disney has announced its new Genie planning tool, a suite of fully-integrated features included with the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps, will be launching on October 19, 2021! This will bring a whole new world of planning tools to your fingertips- watch just a few of the awesome new features here:
Free Genie planning tools, available to everyone in the My Disney Experience app:
- Select what you’d like to do in the app. You can plan specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, and special interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more. Disney Genie service will then grant you a personalized itinerary that seamlessly and smartly maps out your special day—with updates that continue from morning to night.
- Tailored Recommendations – You’ll receive attraction and dining recommendations inspired in part by what you told Disney Genie service you’re most interested in doing. It even displays a good time to go to an experience and an idea of the forecasted wait. Need to swap a recommendation out? No problem. Like many popular navigation apps, Disney Genie will continue to offer new suggestions throughout the day, so you can make the most of your time during your visit.
- A Personalized Daily Itinerary – Your “My Day” tab is where you’ll find Disney Genie recommendations and any plans you’ve made, including dining reservations, Disney Resort hotel reservations and activity bookings. You’ll also be able to virtually chat with a Cast Member who can help answer any questions that arise.
- A Custom Tip Board – This new feature will let you see estimated wait times for your top attractions, entertainment and dining. You’ll also be able to order food, make dining reservations, check into a restaurant, request to join an available virtual queue (currently at Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure), and even book arrival times for our new Lightning Lane entrance at select experiences if you’ve purchased Disney Genie+ service.
Genie+ service will be $15 per person, per day of your tickets, and will include:
- Enjoy the Magic You Want with Less Wait – Save time waiting in line by purchasing Disney Genie+ service! This new service at more than 40 attractions and experiences throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks lets you select the next available arrival window for the new Lightning Lane entrances. You can make one selection at a time throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion and thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (experiences subject to limited availability). With Disney Genie+, you can select Lightning Lane arrival windows across multiple theme parks for those who have the Park Hopper option. Beginning at 7:00 AM on the day of your visit, you’ll have the opportunity to secure your first arrival time.
- Disney PhotoPass Lenses – Access special Disney PhotoPass Lenses for your mobile device, allowing you to explore magical new augmented reality effects.
- Audio Tales – Discover the parks in cool new ways through fascinating fun facts and behind-the-scenes insights you can listen to during your visit.
- Find the complete list of attractions available for Lightning Lane here.
You can also add on a la carte Lightning Lane passes, for individual attractions. These range in price from $7 to $15 per person, and guarantee you the chance to ride. Stand-by lines will still be available for all attractions. You can buy each one on its own, and DO NOT have to purchase Genie+ to purchase individual Lightning Lane passes. These rides will be:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Space Mountain at the Magic Kingdom
- Frozen Ever After and Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure at Epcot
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Hollywood Studios
- Avatar Flight of Passage and Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
- Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
- All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens.
For a more in-depth review of the Genie and its features, check out my coffee chat:
When you book your Disney vacation with me, I’ll be sure you have all the latest planning tools ready to go for your vacation. Plus, I am always here to answer your questions, and even walk you through using these new digital tools, step by step. So why try to plan it all yourself, if you don’t have to? Let a vacation fairy help you!
And if we haven’t met yet- hi there! I’m Sara Mahjoub, Middle of the Magic Travel, also known as Vacation Fairy Sara, and I’m here to help make planning your Disney vacation easy and fun. There are a million ways to do a Disney vacation. Let me help you find yours. There are so many things to see, do and eat when you’re on a Disney vacation! How do you know what’s best for you? Don’t waste your valuable time searching online for information- let me handle all the details for you! I have already done the research, and have plenty of first-hand experience, so I can recommend the best experiences for you, personalized to your taste. With more than 5 years planning professionally, and hundreds of vacations planned, I know how to take the stress and guesswork out of your Disney vacation, so all you have to do is pack, relax and enjoy! Less hassle, more magic!
If you’d like my first-hand knowledge and experience to make your vacation the best it can be, use my scheduler to book a complimentary vacation planning session over the phone here. Or, simply fill out the contact form below, and I will be in touch shortly!
Want the latest news from Disney and Universal to come to you, instead of wasting time searching the Internet? I’ve got you covered!