If you’re like me, you love Christmastime. Like, REALLY love it. Like, start planning in November. . .or October even. I love the parties, the decorations, the smells of sugar cookies and gingerbread baking, the ugly sweaters, wrapping presents. . . I love all of it! Ever since I was a little girl, it has been a Christmas Day tradition to watch the Disney Christmas Parade on TV. So, once I was older, I realized. . .I can GO to Walt Disney World. During Christmas! I can see all the huge trees, decorations and glittering lights IN PERSON! And I did! And I can tell you from personal experience, Christmastime at Walt Disney World is on another level. It’s a must-do for anyone who loves Christmas as much as I do. Here are my top reasons to experience the holidays at Walt Disney World!
5. The festive atmosphere. You can feel it as soon as you arrive- that electric, jolly vibration in the air that comes around every December. Every surface of every building is decorated for the holidays. Cast members are cheerful as Christmas elves. The music reminds you of Christmas mornings of your childhood. It just surrounds you like a big Christmas hug.
4. The incredible gift shopping! Let’s be real here- you can find gifts for everyone on your list at Walt Disney World that you simply cannot find anywhere else! From souvenirs from specific theme parks and resorts, to shopping around the world at Epcot, you will find gifts as unique as the loved ones you will give them to. And, don’t forget a little something for yourself, too!
3. Giant Christmas trees. No, really! At Walt Disney World, several giant trees are decked out with tons of lights and themed ornaments. One year, we even took a tour of all the different trees around the resorts. It was awesome! Plus, several hidden treasures await you, like a life-sized gingerbread house, and a carousel made entirely of chocolate!
2. The coolest Christmas card photos ever. Yeah, your friends will be jealous. That’s ok. Pack your finest ugly Christmas sweater, and have your picture taken in front of some of the most iconic Disney holiday sights- like Cinderella Castle, covered in icy, twinkling lights. Disney’s Photopass photographers will take your picture for you, so the whole family can be in the picture. Plus, when you purchase Memory Maker for your trip, you can get unlimited downloads, cool holiday borders, and you can even add Disney characters to your pictures!
1. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! The ultimate in holiday festivities, this special event takes place select nights in November and December, and it is seriously Christmas overload. Festive decor, lights and music. Your favorite characters dressed in their Christmas best. Christmas fireworks! Cinderella Castle decked out in lights! And the highlight of my Christmas morning past, the Christmas parade. It even features the marching toy soldiers- yes! The real ones! Reindeer prance, Olaf shares a warm hug, and the big man in red closes the parade. In snow. On Main Street. It doesn’t get any more Christmas-y than that! Plus, you get unlimited hot cocoa and sugar cookies.
Every Christmas lover needs to experience the holidays at Walt Disney World at least once. Tickets are on sale now for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party, and I can plan a festive itinerary for you, so contact me to get started on your yuletide vacation! And if you can’t make it to Walt Disney World this year, a trip next year makes the ultimate Christmas gift, and I can help you with that, too!